- Facing Up to Global Warming
- Atlantic Seismic Oil Exploration Looms
- Exxon Valdez Oil Sticks Around Alaska Beaches
- Electric Cars Alone Won’t Drive a Drop in U.S. Emissions: Study
- Hotels Save Energy With a Push to Save Water
- Five Striking Concepts for Harnessing the Sea's Power
- Keystone XL Pipeline: 4 Animals and 3 Habitats in Its Path
- Laser Facility Blasts Way to Fusion First
More About Green Living
The National Geographic Society aims to be an international leader for global conservation and environmental sustainability. Learn more about the Society's green philosophy and initiatives.
From Google energy markets to new nuclear fusion technologies, stay on top of the world's power puzzle.
From dams in Patagonia and drought in Pakistan to the business of bottled water and the H20 footprint of a beer, visit National Geographic News' special series on the world's water challenges.
Green Living Video
The Great Energy Challenge
An initiative to help you understand our current energy situation.
See how you measure up against others, and how changes at home could do tons to protect the planet.
Special Ad Section
The World's Water
NG's new Change the Course campaign launches. When individuals pledge to use less water in their own lives, our partners carry out restoration work in the Colorado River Basin.
A special series on how grabbing water from poor people and future generations threatens global food security, environmental sustainability, and local cultures.