More About Freshwater
Meet some of science's most important movers and shakers—from past and present.
The unprecedented use of fresh water has led to the declining populations of these aquatic giants. Learn more about these big fish before they disappear.
How much water does it take to put a hamburger on your plate? Explore our newest interactive and find out how much H2O it takes to complete even the most menial tasks.
- NASA Satellites Track Vanishing Groundwater
- Vancouver 2010 to Be Warmest Winter Olympics Yet
- More Mega-Snowstorms Coming -- Global Warming to Blame?
- Dams Trigger Stronger Storms
- Fusion Power a Step Closer After Giant Laser Blast
- Save the Ozone Layer, Give Global Warming a Boost?
- Pictures: "Energy Oases" to Green the World's Deserts?
- Surprise! Radioactive Water Jugs Not as Healthy as Advertised
Help Us Save the Colorado River
You can help restore freshwater ecosystems by pledging to cut your water footprint. For every pledge, Change the Course will restore 1,000 gallons back to the Colorado River.
Sandra is a leading authority on international freshwater issues and is spearheading our global freshwater efforts.
He's paddled the Colorado River from its headwaters to the delta in an effort to bring awareness to this mighty river at risk.
For more than 15 years, Osvel Hinojosa Huerta has been resurrecting Mexico's Colorado River Delta wetlands.
Arizona's Verde River gets a boost from an innovative partnership.
Farmers in the Verde River Basin employ new technology to benefit a desert environment.
Funny viral video series hopes to get people thinking about the importance of water.
National Geographic Magazine
The Florida manatee is thriving in Kings Bay, and so is tourism. Therein lies the problem.
Inside the Amazon's rush on mahogany, a threatened tree.
The fracking frenzy in North Dakota has boosted the U.S. fuel supply—but at what cost?