Latest Updates from Change the Course
- West-Slope Colorado Towns Restore Local Flows, Even as Thirsty Front-Range Lawns Drink From their Rivers
- World’s Large Cities Move Water Equivalent to Ten Colorado Rivers to Meet their Annual Water Needs
- The Unsung Heroes of the Colorado River Delta Pulse Flow
- A Sacred Reunion: The Colorado River Returns to the Sea
- The Colorado River Flows to the Sea
- Gila River Diversion Would Be a Costly Failure
- An Innovative Conservation Fund for the Colorado River
- Working Together to Change the Course
- Landscapes Transform With the Arrival of the Colorado River
- Monitoring the Pulse of the Colorado River
Stories From the Field
Farmers in the Verde River Basin employ new technology to benefit a desert environment.
Wastewater supports a rich habitat for rare species.
Watch this video to learn the innovative methods used to restore water to rivers and how Colorado’s Yampa River and its dependents survived the drought of 2012.
Help Save the Colorado River
You can help restore freshwater ecosystems by pledging to cut your water footprint. For every pledge, Change the Course will restore 1,000 gallons back to the Colorado River. Text "River" to 77177 or click here:
Change the Course Infographic
Check out this infographic and learn how you can conserve water and save the Colorado River, as well as other freshwater ecosystems.