Photograph courtesy HiGtech Team
Shell Eco-marathon Europe People's Choice Contest
School: University of Gavle (Sweden)
Car Name: Stella (Gasoline Prototype category)
What is special about your car? We've built our own engine with our own manufactured parts in a limited time of 3.5 months.
Why is fuel efficiency important to your team? It's important to save the world's last resources so our future generations have a healthy world to live in.
Who or what inspired you on the way to Eco-marathon? We´ve been inspired by Chalmers University to join the challenge and at the same time we wanted to be a part in developing new energy efficient ways for transportation.
The Big Energy Question
What innovation should shape transportation in the future?
- Tons of Emissions from Power Plants Are Already Locked In, Study Says
- "Zombie" Servers and Inefficiency Drive Energy Waste at Data Centers
- Coal-Dependent Arkansas Faces Stiff Emissions Target and a Running Clock
- New Energy Projects Boost the Use of Undersea Power Cables
- As Fiery Accidents Pile Up, U.S. Proposes New Rules for Oil Trains
Working Toward Smarter Cities
From better mass transit to a stronger mix of renewable energy, what is the most important thing we can do to make cities smarter when it comes to energy use?
Istanbul, the only city in the world that spans two continents, is a perfect setting for a close look at the energy and sustainability challenges of our increasingly urban planet.