Photograph courtesy Team NAOB
Shell Eco-marathon Europe People's Choice Contest
School: Nicolaus-Otto-August Berufskolleg (Germany)
Team: Team NAOB
Car Name: NAOB RUNNER H2 (Hydrogen Prototype category)
What is special about your car? NAOB RUNNER H2 is a Hybrid car. It drives with hydrogen and lots of passion. And truly, this is no cheating.
Why is fuel efficiency important to your team? Fuel efficiency is the future for us and our kids.
Who or what inspired you on the way to Eco-marathon? What inspired us the most are that several new materials that are used for Shell Eco-marathon each year. Optimization is nearly unlimited.
The Big Energy Question
What innovation should shape transportation in the future?
- Tons of Emissions from Power Plants Are Already Locked In, Study Says
- "Zombie" Servers and Inefficiency Drive Energy Waste at Data Centers
- Coal-Dependent Arkansas Faces Stiff Emissions Target and a Running Clock
- New Energy Projects Boost the Use of Undersea Power Cables
- As Fiery Accidents Pile Up, U.S. Proposes New Rules for Oil Trains
Working Toward Smarter Cities
From better mass transit to a stronger mix of renewable energy, what is the most important thing we can do to make cities smarter when it comes to energy use?
Istanbul, the only city in the world that spans two continents, is a perfect setting for a close look at the energy and sustainability challenges of our increasingly urban planet.