Photograph courtesy Eco Elec
Shell Eco-marathon Europe People's Choice Contest
School: ECAM (Belgium)
Team: Eco Elec
Car Name: M'ECAM (Hydrogen Urban Concept category)
What is special about your car? We are using hydrogen to create electricity. We have an axial engine.
Why is fuel efficiency important to your team? We are concerned about the future of the planet. We are engineering students, and we do what we can to help, using what we can do.
Who or what inspired you on the way to Eco-marathon? There are many reasons: we want to work to build the future, we like team spirit, we want to learn things we don't learn in books or in classes...
The Big Energy Question
What innovation should shape transportation in the future?
- Coal-Dependent Arkansas Faces Stiff Emissions Target and a Running Clock
- New Energy Projects Boost the Use of Undersea Power Cables
- As Fiery Accidents Pile Up, U.S. Proposes New Rules for Oil Trains
- Q&A: The First-Ever Expedition to Turkmenistan's "Door to Hell"
- Last U.S. Coal-Fired Steamship Sails On, Aiming for a Cleaner Wake
Working Toward Smarter Cities
From better mass transit to a stronger mix of renewable energy, what is the most important thing we can do to make cities smarter when it comes to energy use?
Istanbul, the only city in the world that spans two continents, is a perfect setting for a close look at the energy and sustainability challenges of our increasingly urban planet.