Shell Eco-marathon Europe People's Choice Contest
School: IPSIA U. Comandini (Italy)
Car Name: Ubaldina (Gasoline Prototype category)
What is special about your car? Our project was founded four years ago, without any sponsors or financials. Now we are here, with the collaborations of HONDA ITALIA. Our car is special because it's all our work here, and no other inside.
Why is fuel efficiency important to your team? Our project is with gasoline, and we need to balance the weight with the consumption of gasoline.
Who or what inspired you on the way to the Eco-marathon? Our team manager has known this marathon from the 2010 race in Germany, and the races afterward. We wanted to realize a new project for this Eco-marathon.
The Big Energy Question
What innovation should shape transportation in the future?
- Tons of Emissions from Power Plants Are Already Locked In, Study Says
- "Zombie" Servers and Inefficiency Drive Energy Waste at Data Centers
- Coal-Dependent Arkansas Faces Stiff Emissions Target and a Running Clock
- New Energy Projects Boost the Use of Undersea Power Cables
- As Fiery Accidents Pile Up, U.S. Proposes New Rules for Oil Trains
Working Toward Smarter Cities
From better mass transit to a stronger mix of renewable energy, what is the most important thing we can do to make cities smarter when it comes to energy use?
Istanbul, the only city in the world that spans two continents, is a perfect setting for a close look at the energy and sustainability challenges of our increasingly urban planet.