Photograph courtesy Team Tatonka
School: University of Colorado Boulder
Team: Team Tatonka
Car Name: Ralphie (Gasoline Prototype category)
What is special about your car? Nearly every component on our car has been designed and fabricated by current or previous team members. The most unique of these components is our completely home-built engine controller system.
Why is fuel efficiency important to your team? The price of gas has been high since most of our team members started driving causing us to appreciate gas conservation techniques. Additionally two of our team members have a long commute to campus daily, where they are using some of the driving methods we learned this year to improve their mileage.
Who or what inspired you on the way to Eco-marathon? Our second place finish last year helped our team believe in our car and push even harder this year to reach higher mileages. Beyond that every student on this team has a true passion for automotive technology and enjoyed the opportunity to pursue a hobby for school credit.
Great Energy Challenge Blog
- In the Arctic, Rich Fish Stocks Meet Energy Exploration
- Natural Gas Reality Check: U.S. Methane Emissions May Exceed Estimates By 50 Percent
- Wind Turbine Bird Deaths Cost Duke Energy $1 Million
- The Changing Carbon Map: How We Revised Our Interactive Look at Global Footprints
- Are Those Solar Panels Facing the Wrong Direction?