Photograph courtesy SWAT Team
School: Swarthmore College
Team: SWAT Team
Car Name: Eleanor (Hydrogen Fuel Cell Prototype category)
What is special about your car? The vehicle is special because the team that built the car consists of only one person. I have been constructing and designing the vehicle for about a year and half now and it has become my pride and joy.
Why is fuel efficiency important to your team? Fuel efficiency is important to this team because the team acknowledges that energy is not limitless. Especially in today's world, energy becomes a currency, and to save it or to use the least amount is being thrifty for the future generations.
Who or what inspired you on the way to Eco-marathon? The car is named after Eleanor Roosevelt. As she was one who was not the most attractive woman but was still quite the activist.
Great Energy Challenge Blog
- It’s Time for Bold and Comprehensive Energy Policy Decisions
- Winter Rations Prompt Coal Use in Hydropower-Rich Tajikistan
- Costa Rica Eyes National Parks’ Volcanoes for Energy
- A Caribbean Island Says Goodbye Diesel and Hello 100% Renewable Electricity
- Nebraska Ruling Throws Keystone XL Decision Back to State Department
The Big Energy Question
What innovation should shape transportation in the future?