Photograph courtesy SWAT Team
School: Swarthmore College
Team: SWAT Team
Car Name: Eleanor (Hydrogen Fuel Cell Prototype category)
What is special about your car? The vehicle is special because the team that built the car consists of only one person. I have been constructing and designing the vehicle for about a year and half now and it has become my pride and joy.
Why is fuel efficiency important to your team? Fuel efficiency is important to this team because the team acknowledges that energy is not limitless. Especially in today's world, energy becomes a currency, and to save it or to use the least amount is being thrifty for the future generations.
Who or what inspired you on the way to Eco-marathon? The car is named after Eleanor Roosevelt. As she was one who was not the most attractive woman but was still quite the activist.
Great Energy Challenge Blog
- New Standard Aims to Certify “Responsible” Oil Sites
- New Fridge Standards Take Effect Monday: How Refrigerators Have Kept Cool Over 40 Years of Improvements
- Energy Implications of Autonomous Vehicles: Imagining the Possibilities
- U.S. Forecast Sees Rising Global Oil Appetite, Led by China
- U.S. Electricity Rates Spike After Years of Slow Growth
Working Toward Smarter Cities
From better mass transit to a stronger mix of renewable energy, what is the most important thing we can do to make cities smarter when it comes to energy use?
Istanbul, the only city in the world that spans two continents, is a perfect setting for a close look at the energy and sustainability challenges of our increasingly urban planet.