Photograph courtesy SWAT Team
School: Swarthmore College
Team: SWAT Team
Car Name: Eleanor (Hydrogen Fuel Cell Prototype category)
What is special about your car? The vehicle is special because the team that built the car consists of only one person. I have been constructing and designing the vehicle for about a year and half now and it has become my pride and joy.
Why is fuel efficiency important to your team? Fuel efficiency is important to this team because the team acknowledges that energy is not limitless. Especially in today's world, energy becomes a currency, and to save it or to use the least amount is being thrifty for the future generations.
Who or what inspired you on the way to Eco-marathon? The car is named after Eleanor Roosevelt. As she was one who was not the most attractive woman but was still quite the activist.
Great Energy Challenge Blog
- Wind Power’s Share of the U.S. Power Grid Jumped in 2013, New Figures Show
- Fight Over Solar in Bridgeport: Two Types of Environmentalism Collide
- U.S. Solar Power Surges Ahead in New Report, But Tax Credit Battle Looms
- New Fuel Cell Project Aims to Make Port of Honolulu Greener
- Why You Don’t Need Fossil Fuel to Fight Poverty. (Clean Energy Does it Better.)