Photograph courtesy SWAT Team
School: Swarthmore College
Team: SWAT Team
Car Name: Eleanor (Hydrogen Fuel Cell Prototype category)
What is special about your car? The vehicle is special because the team that built the car consists of only one person. I have been constructing and designing the vehicle for about a year and half now and it has become my pride and joy.
Why is fuel efficiency important to your team? Fuel efficiency is important to this team because the team acknowledges that energy is not limitless. Especially in today's world, energy becomes a currency, and to save it or to use the least amount is being thrifty for the future generations.
Who or what inspired you on the way to Eco-marathon? The car is named after Eleanor Roosevelt. As she was one who was not the most attractive woman but was still quite the activist.
Great Energy Challenge Blog
- ‘The Great Invisible’ Wins Full Frame’s Best Environmental Film
- U.S. Used More Energy in 2013 Than the Year Before, But Efficiency Is Up Too
- Three “Next Steps” for California Climate Action
- Milestone IPCC Climate Report Shifts on Biofuels
- In British Columbia, Mulling the Role of Natural Gas in a Sustainable Energy Future
The Arctic: The Science of Change
See video on Vimeo: Experts at our live event in London share their perspectives.
As shipping and energy activity increase in the region, what do we urgently need to learn more about? Vote and comment on the list.