Photograph courtesy SWAT Team
School: Swarthmore College
Team: SWAT Team
Car Name: Eleanor (Hydrogen Fuel Cell Prototype category)
What is special about your car? The vehicle is special because the team that built the car consists of only one person. I have been constructing and designing the vehicle for about a year and half now and it has become my pride and joy.
Why is fuel efficiency important to your team? Fuel efficiency is important to this team because the team acknowledges that energy is not limitless. Especially in today's world, energy becomes a currency, and to save it or to use the least amount is being thrifty for the future generations.
Who or what inspired you on the way to Eco-marathon? The car is named after Eleanor Roosevelt. As she was one who was not the most attractive woman but was still quite the activist.
Great Energy Challenge Blog
- Berkeley’s Guilt Trip: Driving Hurts the Planet
- Could Involuntary Simplicity Simply Be the Future?
- In Sao Paulo, Experts Eye the Future for Brazil’s Energy Mix
- Chevy Opts In to Fledgling Carbon Market Aimed at Saving U.S. Grasslands
- Former Coal Mining CEO Faces Prison Over West Virginia Safety Violations
The Big Energy Question
What innovation should shape transportation in the future?