School: New Castle Area Career Programs
Team: Eco Busters
Car Name: Ecto "1" (Battery Electric category)
What is special about your car? Our car is 100 percent student-built by a group of five high school students. This is our first year competing in the Shell Eco-marathon Americas challenge.
Why is fuel efficiency important to your team? It is important that we continue to look for alternative sources for energy and transportation. This may mean changing the way we look at traditional transportation.
Who or what inspired you on the way to Eco-marathon? We want to make a difference for not only our generation, but also future generations to come. By thinking greener, we can hopefully engineering a better future for our world.
Great Energy Challenge Blog
- Mass Efficiency: Bay State Best In Saving Energy, Again
- Sustainable Cities: Challenges and Opportunities in Japan
- Production Begins at Second U.S. Cellulosic Biofuel Facility
- New Gas Plant Venture Aims at Carbon Capture From a Different Angle
- Your Pants Might Charge Your Phone One Day, Suggests New Tiny-Generator Study
The Big Energy Question
What innovation should shape transportation in the future?