School: New Castle Area Career Programs
Team: Eco Busters
Car Name: Ecto "1" (Battery Electric category)
What is special about your car? Our car is 100 percent student-built by a group of five high school students. This is our first year competing in the Shell Eco-marathon Americas challenge.
Why is fuel efficiency important to your team? It is important that we continue to look for alternative sources for energy and transportation. This may mean changing the way we look at traditional transportation.
Who or what inspired you on the way to Eco-marathon? We want to make a difference for not only our generation, but also future generations to come. By thinking greener, we can hopefully engineering a better future for our world.
Great Energy Challenge Blog
- Winter Rations Prompt Coal Use in Hydropower-Rich Tajikistan
- Costa Rica Eyes National Parks’ Volcanoes for Energy
- A Caribbean Island Says Goodbye Diesel and Hello 100% Renewable Electricity
- Nebraska Ruling Throws Keystone XL Decision Back to State Department
- Keystone XL Veto Threat: Does ‘No’ Really Mean No?
The Big Energy Question
What innovation should shape transportation in the future?