School: New Castle Area Career Programs
Team: Eco Busters
Car Name: Ecto "1" (Battery Electric category)
What is special about your car? Our car is 100 percent student-built by a group of five high school students. This is our first year competing in the Shell Eco-marathon Americas challenge.
Why is fuel efficiency important to your team? It is important that we continue to look for alternative sources for energy and transportation. This may mean changing the way we look at traditional transportation.
Who or what inspired you on the way to Eco-marathon? We want to make a difference for not only our generation, but also future generations to come. By thinking greener, we can hopefully engineering a better future for our world.
Great Energy Challenge Blog
- In the Arctic, Rich Fish Stocks Meet Energy Exploration
- Natural Gas Reality Check: U.S. Methane Emissions May Exceed Estimates By 50 Percent
- Wind Turbine Bird Deaths Cost Duke Energy $1 Million
- The Changing Carbon Map: How We Revised Our Interactive Look at Global Footprints
- Are Those Solar Panels Facing the Wrong Direction?