School: New Castle Area Career Programs
Team: Eco Busters
Car Name: Ecto "1" (Battery Electric category)
What is special about your car? Our car is 100 percent student-built by a group of five high school students. This is our first year competing in the Shell Eco-marathon Americas challenge.
Why is fuel efficiency important to your team? It is important that we continue to look for alternative sources for energy and transportation. This may mean changing the way we look at traditional transportation.
Who or what inspired you on the way to Eco-marathon? We want to make a difference for not only our generation, but also future generations to come. By thinking greener, we can hopefully engineering a better future for our world.
Great Energy Challenge Blog
- Powering Our Urban Future: Spotlight on Turkey
- Wind Power’s Share of the U.S. Power Grid Jumped in 2013, New Figures Show
- Fight Over Solar in Bridgeport: Two Types of Environmentalism Collide
- U.S. Solar Power Surges Ahead in New Report, But Tax Credit Battle Looms
- New Fuel Cell Project Aims to Make Port of Honolulu Greener
The Arctic: The Science of Change
See video on Vimeo: Experts at our live event in London share their perspectives.
As shipping and energy activity increase in the region, what do we urgently need to learn more about? Vote and comment on the list.