The Big Energy Question
Engage and share your perspective on the key issues shaping our energy future
@NatGeoGreen on TwitterTweets by @NatGeoGreen
Great Energy Challenge Blog
- New Standard Aims to Certify “Responsible” Oil Sites
- New Fridge Standards Take Effect Monday: How Refrigerators Have Kept Cool Over 40 Years of Improvements
- Energy Implications of Autonomous Vehicles: Imagining the Possibilities
- U.S. Forecast Sees Rising Global Oil Appetite, Led by China
- U.S. Electricity Rates Spike After Years of Slow Growth
Working Toward Smarter Cities
From better mass transit to a stronger mix of renewable energy, what is the most important thing we can do to make cities smarter when it comes to energy use?
Istanbul, the only city in the world that spans two continents, is a perfect setting for a close look at the energy and sustainability challenges of our increasingly urban planet.
Special Report: Shale Gas Rush
The shale gas industry maintains that it protects drinking water and land. But mistrust has been sown in rural communities.
The industry promises jobs to a state badly in need of an economic boost, but the work so far isn't where you might expect it to be.
Track the growing mark that energy companies have etched on Pennsylvania since first producing natural gas from shale.